Monday 2 March 2009

It's "Murrr Durrr !!!"

I've just watched George Galloway interview Mr. Richard Seymour about his new book, The Liberal Defence of Murder, on Youtube, and one of the things that struck me about the interview was George Galloway's exaggerated Glaswegian accent; he sounded like a cross between Rab C. Nesbitt and Taggart. The way Galloway says "murrr durrr", as in the liberal defence of "murrr durrr", is a wonder to behold. Is Galloway deliberately overdoing his regional accent in order to bolster his working-class credentials? Well, I do believe he is. I remember when he addressed Saddam Hussein, expressing his admiration for the dictator's "indefatigability", that it was not spoken as if directed at a bartender in Maryhill. So, is Galloway guilty of verbal fraud as well as the political variety? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment